Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PR Panel


I attended the PR panel that Prof. Frisina put together on Monday. I thought that the advice that the panel of five hiring managers gave was really interesting and useful as we prepare to graduate within the next few weeks. It's scary to think of the transition we must make as seniors from "school life" to REAL life.

There are so many things to worry about when preparing to apply for jobs and going on the actual interview. The one piece of advice from the panel members was that it is best to just be yourself on the interview. This sounds a lot easier than it actually is. It is hard to be calm, cool and collective when you are worrying about the interview itself and making sure it goes well.

Overall, the advice given will be invaluable as we enter the career stage of our lives, and hope that all of the internships and school work will pay of at the end.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you in regards to just being yourself during an interview. I remember going on my first internship interview and being extremely nervous. But afterwards I realized that as long as I was just myself, I would always come off better than if I stressed about it. Btw, I too am very nervous/anxious about the impending graduation.

    ReplyDelete